I hope you and your family enjoyed a Happy Father’s Day weekend. As we move toward the final weekend of June I look forward to the start of a new study through the Apostle Paul’s letter to the Galatians. We will take a slow walk through this incredible little letter that will take us through mid-November if all goes according to plan. During our time in this part of the Bible I pray the Lord will help us understand what true Freedom really means to our lives as followers of Jesus. I also pray we will begin to understand what it means to be one in Christ in a day and time when there is so much division, brokenness, hurt and heartache in our land. Will you join me in praying for the Lord to do a great work in our lives as we commit to studying His Word together over the coming weeks and months?
I look forward to giving more information from our elders at the end of our worship time on Sunday as it pertains to returning to in-person opportunities next month. Be sure and stay tuned through the end of our time together online for the latest details. Thank you for your patience as our elders have continued to lead us well during this unique season of time. We realize our return date for in person worship will be too early for some and too late for others. If we can all keep walking together in unity and with prayerful attitudes, we will come out stronger on the other side of this season. Thank you again for your faithfulness and for your ongoing support.
Partridge Family Care Package (LAST DAYS TO PARTICIPATE!)
If you would like to participate in donating to the contents of the Care Package, email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can be a part of GREAT encouragement to our friends serving in Hamburg, Germany during this time in their lives.
Wednesday Evening Prayer Study & Prayer Gathering
Join us throughout the months of June and July for some designated time of prayer. Philip Burgess will host a brief teaching each Wednesday night on the church’s Facebook Live stream from about 7:30-7:45 pm. Then we will jump into a Zoom call to be able to pray together in a more secure platform due to the sensitive nature of some prayer requests. Email email@example.com for the Zoom link, meeting ID and password.
FOUR PHASE PLAN FOR ARAPAHO ROAD BAPTIST CHURCH
We continue to make preparations and considerations for the best ways to resume in person gatherings on our campus in the coming weeks. As our leadership continues to process and pray through options that will be the safest and wisest for our church family, please continue to pray for the Lord’s ongoing guidance. After receiving feedback and more information regarding our initial Road Map, the elders have made the decision to continue online options only throughout the month of June. We will continue monitoring data throughout the month of June and receiving input on the local, state, national and global fronts. We will communicate plans for July and following during the end of the worship service on Sunday, June 28. If you would like to view this revised plan please go to arapahoroad.org/roadmap.
As we seek to grow in our effective ways to communicate, connect and be in community as a church family, the Communion App that we launched recently is a great way to stay engaged. We are seeing an increase in prayer, connection and encouragement among our church family as we get more familiar and comfortable with this great and simple resource. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The following are what you need to know for the week of June 23-28, 2020:
* For more information on AR Kids resources, feel free to contact email@example.com. We will be glad to include you in weekly updates and opportunities for families with kids.
* Tuesday, June 23 @ 10:00 am, Women’s Morning Bible Study via Zoom. Check your email for details on how to join this meeting.
* Wednesday, June 24 @ 6:30 am, Men’s Morning Bible Study via Zoom. Check your email for details on how to join this meeting.
* Wednesday, June 24 @ 10:45 am, Coffee with Pastor David via Zoom. Check your email for details on how to join this meeting.
* Wednesday, June 24 @ 6:45 pm. Student Ministry Breakaway via Zoom; To receive more information & updates via text on AR Students send @arapahosm to 81010
* Wednesday, June 24 @ 7:30 pm Bible Study on Prayer with Philip Burgess on AR Facebook Live
* Wednesday, June 24 @ 7:45 pm Prayer Gathering via Zoom with Philip Burgess. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
* Sunday, June 28 @ 9:30 am, AR Life Groups via Zoom
* Sunday, June 28 @ 10:45 am, AR Worship via AR Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and Vimeo
Online Giving: Thank you for your continued faithfulness and generosity as you give to the Lord through the Church. While we check the mail regularly and any giving can be given through the mail, the most helpful way to give is through our secure, online giving link from our website at arapahoroad.org/online-giving.
In Community. On Mission.
David Rogers, Dmin. | Lead Pastor
Arapaho Road Baptist Church
In community. On mission.
2256 Arapaho Road | Garland, TX 75044