It was so good to have the opportunity to expand our worship gathering options this past Sunday by offering an In Person worship option within the church facilities. For the first time since March 8, our church family was able to enter into the church buildings and enjoy being in the presence of others who were ready to gather in person for worship. There were 45 total people present on the campus including our staff and volunteer team who helped prepare the campus and welcome back those who were ready to return. While it was a different experience worshiping in a mask as we socially distanced throughout the sanctuary, we lifted our praises and worship to the Lord as everyone present adhered to the safety guidelines. Special thanks to our team who has worked so diligently and methodically to help ensure a reasonable and safe approach to the return of In Person worship on the campus as well as continuing to improve our online worship options at the same time.
We all are learning to live in a world where Covid-19 is present. Let’s continue to love our neighbors well as we work toward unity, pray for healthy results, and exercise recommended best practices for the health and wellbeing of everyone. It will be important that we choose not to make this a political issue that polarizes people in our church and community. Rather, let’s choose to be respectful of the various perspectives that each person may have, while doing our part to be considerate to all. As you consider when the right time may be to return for In Person worship, please remember to adhere to these guidelines when on the campus:
* Recommended social and physical distancing measures while on the campus
* Sanitization of hands upon entering the campus (hand sanitizer stations are available, and you may also bring your own)
* Engaging in a physical “touch free” worship experience (no handshakes, fist-bumps, hugs etc to show affection; no physical collateral will be distributed)
* Wearing masks at all times while on church property by all who are present (please provide your own mask)
Our elders encourage those who are in a higher risk category of the population to please plan on choosing to gather for worship through our online platform options rather than In-Person on the church campus. There is no judgment on any who choose to continue gathering for worship through our online options, nor any judgment on those who feel ready to gather In-Person for worship. We do ask that anybody feeling any kind of symptom such as fever, headache, cough, body aches or chills to please refrain from coming onto the church campus and instead gather for worship online until free from such symptoms for at least 14 days.
Our worship experiences will continue to look and feel similar to what we have experienced as a church family over the past few months since we have been meeting solely online. Therefore, the music will continue to be led primarily through our musicians and a limited number of vocalists rather than our choir until further notice. Only those individuals giving leadership from the platform while on the platform will have the option to remove their mask during those moments to help in the communication and leadership of the worship.
Coffee with Pastor David TODAY at 10:45am (rather than Wednesday)
Join Pastor David for a cup of coffee, connection with friends, conversation about what’s going on in Arapaho Road life, and a time of prayer: on Zoom TODAY at 10:45 am.
Wednesday Evening Prayer Study & Prayer Gathering
Join us throughout July for some designated time of prayer. Philip Burgess will host a brief teaching each Wednesday night on the church’s Facebook Live stream from about 7:30-7:45 pm. Then we will jump into a Zoom call to be able to pray together in a more secure platform due to the sensitive nature of some prayer requests. Check your email for details on how to join the Zoom Prayer Gathering this Wednesday at 7:45 pm.
As we seek to grow in our effective ways to communicate, connect and be in community as a church family, the Communion App that we launched recently is a great way to stay engaged. We are seeing an increase in prayer, connection and encouragement among our church family as we get more familiar and comfortable with this great and simple resource. Check your email for a link to more information about this great resource.
The following are what you “need to know” for the week of July 14-19, 2020:
* For more information on AR Kids resources, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to include you in weekly updates and opportunities for families with kids.
* Tuesday, July 14 @ 10:45 am, Coffee with Pastor David via Zoom. Check your email for details on how to join this meeting.
* Wednesday, July 15 @ 6:30 am, Men’s Morning Bible Study via Zoom. Check your email for details on how to join this meeting.
* Wednesday, July 15 @ 6:45 pm. Student Ministry Breakaway via Zoom; To receive more information & updates via text on AR Students send @arapahosm to 81010
* Wednesday, July 15 @ 7:30 pm Bible Study on Prayer with Philip Burgess on AR Facebook Live
* Wednesday, July 15 @ 7:45 pm Prayer Gathering via Zoom with Philip Burgess. Check your email for details on how to join this meeting.
* Sunday, July 19 @ 9:30 am, AR Life Groups via Zoom
* Sunday, July 19 @ 10:45 am, AR Worship Online via Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and our church website.
Online Giving: Thank you for your continued faithfulness and generosity as you give to the Lord through the Church. While we check the mail regularly and any giving can be given through the mail, the most helpful way to give is through our secure, online giving link from our website at arapahoroad.org/online-giving.
In Community. On Mission.
David Rogers, Dmin. | Lead Pastor
Arapaho Road Baptist Church
In community. On mission.
2256 Arapaho Road | Garland, TX 75044