This past Sunday, May 17 we dove back into our study of Matthew’s Gospel. We walked through the first 13 verses of chapter 14 as we found ourselves at the halfway point in this important account of the life and teaching of Jesus. Thanks for playing along in the Worth It or Not Worth It game. That was a hoot which received some fun feedback! This Memorial Day Weekend we will invest some time honoring those who have given the ultimate sacrifice to secure our freedoms we so enjoy. We also will move forward in Matthew 14 and see what Jesus and 6000 large pizzas have to do with one another. It’s a perfect Sunday to invite your neighbors to join you for worship online at 10:45 am.
A PIVOT IN OUR FOUR PHASE PLAN FOR ARAPAHO ROAD BAPTIST CHURCH
We continue to make preparations and considerations for the best ways to resume in person gatherings on our campus in the coming weeks. As our leadership continues to process and pray through options that will be the safest and wisest for our church family, please continue to pray for the Lord’s ongoing guidance. After receiving feedback and more information regarding our initial Road Map, it appears one worship service at 10:45am will adequately meet the needs to resume our in-person option for worship. The 10:45 am worship service option will continue to be streamed online and will begin to be available in-person beginning Sunday, June 7. More details will be shared in the coming days including how online only Life Groups will continue during the month of June. You can view this plan at arapahoroad.org/roadmap
As we seek to grow in our effective ways to communicate, connect and be in community as a church family, the Communion App that we launched recently is a great way to stay engaged. We are seeing an increase in prayer, connection and encouragement among our church family as we get more familiar and comfortable with this great and simple resource. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SAVE THE DATE TO SERVE WITH HEART FOR THE FATHERLESS
On Saturday, May 30 our church family will have the opportunity to take part in a special day of service to help replenish the Heart for the Fatherless foster and adoption resource closet. Stay tuned for more information to be shared this Sunday during morning worship!
The following are what you need to know for the week of May 19-24, 2020:
* Children’s Story Time with Pastor David on AR Facebook Live, Daily for 15 minutes between 8:30-9:30am CST. For more information on AR Kids resources, feel free to contact email@example.com. We will be glad to include you in weekly updates and opportunities for families with kids.
* Tuesday, May 19 @ 10:00 am, Women’s Morning Bible Study via Zoom. Watch your email for links to join this meeting.
* Wednesday, May 20 @ 6:30 am, Men’s Morning Bible Study via Zoom. Watch your email for links to join this meeting.
* Wednesday, May 20 @ 10:45 am, Coffee with Pastor David via Zoom. Watch your email for links to join this meeting.
* Wednesday, May 20 @ 6:45 pm. Student Ministry Breakaway via Zoom; To receive more information & updates via text on AR Students send @arapahosm to 81010
* Wednesday, May 20 @ 7:30 pm Pastor David’s Bible Study on AR Facebook Live
* Sunday, May 24 @ 9:30 am, AR Life Groups via Zoom
* Sunday, May 24 @ 10:45 am, AR Worship via AR Facebook Live
Online Giving: Thank you for your continued faithfulness and generosity as you give to the Lord through the Church. Would you pray and consider making a sacrificial one time gift today? While we check the mail regularly and any giving can be given through the mail, the most helpful way to give is through our secure, online giving link from our website at arapahoroad.org/online-giving.
In Community. On Mission.
David Rogers, Dmin. | Lead Pastor
Arapaho Road Baptist Church
In community. On mission.
2256 Arapaho Road | Garland, TX 75044