This past Sunday, May 10, we celebrated and honored the mothers and mother-figures in our lives. I pray during this season that each of us are seizing the opportunities we have to express love, appreciation and encouragement to the ones who mean the most to us in life. Next Sunday I look forward to returning to the Gospel of Matthew as we resume our study at the halfway point in this important account of the life and teaching of Jesus. We will start a three week walk through chapter 14 and consider whether some situations and choices are “Worth It or Not Worth It?”
FOUR PHASE PLAN FOR ARAPAHO ROAD BAPTIST CHURCH
We continue to make preparations and considerations for the best ways to resume in person gatherings on our campus in the coming weeks. As our leadership continues to process and pray through options that will be the safest and wisest for our church family, please continue to pray for the Lord’s ongoing guidance. You may view this plan at arapahoroad.org/roadmap.
As we seek to grow in our effective ways to communicate, connect and be in community as a church family, the Communion App that we launched recently is a great way to stay engaged. We are seeing an increase in prayer, connection and encouragement among our church family as we get more familiar and comfortable with this great and simple resource. You may request additional information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
GERMANY MISSION TRIP POSTPONED
Last week the decision was made to postpone our summer mission trip to serve in Hamburg, Germany with the Partridges until summer 2021. The time to make a decision was upon the leadership team and thus decided to shift the dates of serving alongside our friends in Germany from this summer to next. However, plans to bless them and their ministry with some upcoming opportunities with a care package are underway with more details coming soon. Please continue praying for Scott, Rachel, Joseph and Piper as they serve the people in Hamburg.
The following are what you need to know for the week of May 12-17, 2020:
* Children’s Story Time with Pastor David on AR Facebook Live, Daily for 15 minutes between 8:30-9:30am CST. For more information on AR Kids resources, feel free to contact email@example.com. We will be glad to include you in weekly updates and opportunities for families with kids.
* Tuesday, May 12 @ 10:00 am, Women’s Morning Bible Study via Zoom. Watch your email for instructions on how to join this meeting.
* Wednesday, May 12 @ 6:30 am, Men’s Morning Bible Study via Zoom. Watch your email for instructions on how to join this meeting.
* Wednesday, May 13 @ 10:45 am, Coffee with Pastor David via Zoom. Watch your email for instructions on how to join this meeting.
* Wednesday, May 13 @ 6:45 pm. Student Ministry Breakaway via Zoom; To receive more information & updates via text on AR Students send @arapahosm to 81010
* Wednesday, May 13 @ 7:30 pm Pastor David’s Bible Study on AR Facebook Live
* Sunday, May 17 @ 9:30 am, AR Life Groups via Zoom
* Sunday, May 17 @ 10:45 am, AR Worship via AR Facebook Live
Online Giving: Thank you for your continued faithfulness and generosity as you give to the Lord through the Church. While we check the mail regularly and any giving can be given through the mail, the most helpful way to give is through our secure, online giving link from our website at arapahoroad.org/online-giving.
In Community. On Mission.
David Rogers, Dmin. | Lead Pastor
Arapaho Road Baptist Church
In community. On mission.
2256 Arapaho Road | Garland, TX 75044